We have known for a very long time that content quality is important to search engines, especially to Google. Yes, quality matters when it comes to content so you need to be creative and think of many different ways to adding quality content to your website so you can rank higher in search engines.
Useful Tips for Adding Quality Content to Your Site
Here are some simple yet useful tips and tricks for adding content that will help boost your site’s search engine ranking:
- Do NOT stick to a certain word count for every page in your site. Try to vary it. There are a lot of site owners out there whose pages are all around 500 words. This is an obvious spam signal.
- Some people say you need to stick with creating content that’s no more than 500-800 words. Wrong! In fact, Google will rank your page higher and send you more traffic if your content is 1500 words or even higher. This is probably because it contains more longtail (specific, related) phrases. I’m not saying it should be this way for all your pages, but if you have these so-called “money keywords”, then it’s probably worth expanding those pages between 1000 to 2000 words.
- Format everything clearly with H1 heading tag for your article title, H2 for sections, and H3 for sub-sections. You also need to have ordered and unordered lists where appropriate, charts and graphics to represent important data in your content, etc. A text-only website is the last thing I’ll recommend.
- At this point, your ultimate goal is to create a quality, authoritative resource. You’re probably already familiar with this and thought it’s just some PR propaganda from Google, but it’s a 100% legit, effective strategy. In the long term, you will not only make more money from it but you’ll also have more fun if you create high-quality content.
Creating Quality Product Reviews
Here are a few helpful tips on how you can step up your game and stay ahead of the competition with quality product reviews:
- If possible, try out the product yourself. This can really help you a lot when it’s time to review a specific product. This gives you the chance to add screenshots or screencasts to the review, and you’ll gain more experience with the product. And if it’s a product you believe in, you will be able to provide more in-depth, less generic information about it and be able to sell it more effectively.
- Traffic is nothing without conversions. Reviewing a product yourself may seem like a daunting task but it’s important to try out a product and get things done.
- You’ve probably already noticed this yourself but most of the review sites you’ll find online do NOT actually test the product. What they usually do is that they copy the important features and benefits of a particular product from the company website, and then call it a “product review”. By actually testing the product yourself, you can create a quality product review that will give you a competitive edge and make you more money.
- Google is constantly updating its algorithm in order to improve the quality of results. With quality product reviews, you’ll gain the upper hand in search engine rankings, while the lazy ones who resort to outsourced articles with generic information will sink.
Inbound Marketing with a Blog
Here’s what you can do to pull more people toward your business and earning attention organically with your blog:
- Blogging done “right” works as inbound marketing because it helps attract prospects to your site and subtly presells them. With a nice and helpful blog post, more people will come to you and trust you for the information you provide whenever they’re looking for a specific product or service.
- Keep in mind that every blog post gives you a chance to build authority, trust, and even boost your overall site quality score in Google’s algorithm. So the higher, the better.
- When it comes to outsourcing your content creation, don’t go hiring writers, especially if your goal is to build trust and increase your overall site quality. Find people who are passionate about your chosen niche. It’s better if they work in it. For example, if you’re in the web hosting niche, you can find good web designers in oDesk who can write quality blog posts. These people love writing about their passion. What’s more, the quality of content is 100 times better than if you let your regular content writing team do it.
- How much do you spend on creating quality blog posts? For me, an effective and affordable pace for new blog posts is weekly or bi-weekly. If your site is new, you can start out with bi-weekly. You don’t have to worry about getting multiple posts a week until you’re fully prepared.
- Encourage bloggers in your niche to get post on your website. Add a Write for Us or Careers page on your site, include guest posting guidelines, as well as a forum so they can easily contact you.
These are the factors that could help build authority, trust, and quality to your site. By making them part of your marketing strategy, you’ll have an edge over the competition.
Let me know if you have any questions – post in the comments section below the video.Bottom of Form