Most of the link builders use spammy methods to gain Web 2.0 links. They create a new blog on any Web 2.0 site, write a single article on that blog, and contextually link to their money site from that article. They never come back to that blog again. This type of method often gets slapped by Google.
So, should you avoid gaining links from Web 2.0 properties?
No. In order to gain powerful Web 2.0 links and avoid being slapped by Google, you need to build authority Web 2.0 blogs.
Here is your guide to build Authority Web 2.0 blogs.
First, create a brand new email address with some fake name. Find one image of a fake person; we’ll use this image for creating various profiles.
Also, create social media accounts on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, etc. using the newly created email address, fake name and fake image. Fill as much information as you can while creating these accounts, and make sure everything looks natural.
Creating the Blog
Before creating the blog, you need to find out a long tail keyword, related to your target keyword, which will be the topic of your blog.
You can find long tail keywords using Google Keyword Planner, Google Instant Search Suggestions, etc.
Once you find out the long tail keyword, follow these points:
- Create a new account on any web 2.0 properties (say WordPress.com) using the newly created email address. Again, fill as much information as you can.
- Choose the blog name and URL based on the long tail keyword. Do not use numbers or special characters if the blog address is not available (this looks spammy). Make it brandable if possible. Say, if your target keyword is weight loss and long tail keyword is weight loss diet plan, your web 2.0 blog name may be Weight Loss Diet Blog and blog address may be weightlossdietblog.wordpress.com
- If you are using WordPress.com, make sure the permalinks are set to display search friendly URLs. Also, make sure your blog is visible to search engines.
- Do NOT use the default theme. Use something else. Most of the web 2.0 platforms offer a lot of free themes.
- Use 2 or 3 widgets, if possible.
The plan is to make everything look very natural.
Note: WordPress.com, BlogSpot, Tumblr, etc. are some of the recommended Web 2.0 properties.
For the About Us page, write about 200 words describing a fake person. Remember, this fake person is the owner of the blog.
For Contact Us Page, provide the email address you created earlier or add a contact form.
You may or may not create other pages.
Creating the Main Content(s)
Creating the main content(s) is the most important part. We will gain powerful contextual links from this article(s).
Write 1-2 articles related to the long tail keyword you selected. While writing this type of article, follow these points:
- Make the article useful and valuable
- The title of the article must contain the long tail keyword.
- Article must be of 750+ words. 1000 words are recommended.
- Keyword density should be 1%.
- Use headings and sub-headings (use h2 and h3 tags). Add the long tail keyword once or twice in the headings.
- Add at least one relevant image. More if you can. Add the long tail keyword in the filename and ALT tag of the image.
- Embed at least one relevant YouTube video.
- Use the long tail keyword at the beginning of the article, say within the first 100 words (but do not use it in the first 2-3 lines). Next, use it as anchor text and link to your money site.
- Link to 2-3 external authority articles related to the topic.
- The permalink of the article must contain the long tail keyword.
Create Support Articles
Next, we need to create 8-10 support articles related to the target keyword. Why? Google loves fresh content; these articles will keep the blog’s content fresh, thus increasing its authority.
These articles will be of 500 words. Either you may hire a writer on oDesk (you may get 10 articles for 15 or 20 dollars) or write them on your own. Make sure the articles are not copied.
However, make all the articles well optimized for search engines.
Do not link to your money site from all these articles; link to your site from one of the most relevant article among all these support articles and use some generic term as anchor text.
Publishing the Articles
Now that we have created the main article(s) and support articles, it’s time to publish them. You may publish the main and support articles in any order you want.
However, make sure every post is published in a minimum gap of one week. This helps to keep the blog’s content fresh for a longer period of time and hence will increase its authority.
You may schedule the posts if you want.
Open an account on Google Webmaster Tool and submit the sitemap of this blog to Google.
Last but not the least, share the live links of your new blog on all your social media networks. Also share on social bookmarking sites like Digg, Stumble Upon, Delicious, etc.
You have built an authority Web 2.0 blog and gained 1 or 2 powerful links back to your money site.